We are a Forest School based in an idyllic woodland setting delivering confidence boosting, skills developing, self esteem soaring outdoor learning sessions to children from Early Years to Key Stage 2. We also work directly with schools in their own grounds offering regular PPA cover in schools in Hillingdon, Hertfordshire, Harrow and the surrounding areas.
The principles of Forest School
These are the guiding principles and ethos set out by the Forest Schools Association which forms the framework of Forever Green Forest School.
- The whole child... To promote the holistic development of all those involved fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners.
- Time... Forest school is a long-term process of regular sessions rather than 'one-off’ or infrequent visits.
- Place... Sessions take place in a woodland or natural environment to enable the development of a relationship between the learner and the natural world.
- Review and reflection... A key part of the Forest School process is for learners to regularly review and reflect on their own experiences at Forest School. These reviews are observed and incorporated into adapting the planning of the learning cycle.
- Learner led... It uses a range of learner centred processes to create a community for development and learning.
- Risk taking... Forest School offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves.
- Professional... Forest School is run by qualified Forest School practitioners who continuously maintain and develop their professional practice.
Forest School Objectives
To develop personal and social skills.
To develop creative and imaginative skills.
To identify and manage risks.
To develop problem solving strategies.
To understand the importance of a healthy and active lifestyle.
To increase self esteem and self motivation.
To use tools safely.
What happens during a Forest School session?
During Forest School sessions at Forever Green Forest School, we will give the children the opportunity to succeed and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on outdoor learning experiences in a woodland environment.
Children will engage with a variety of resources and experiences during their sessions, which will help encourage independent, enthusiastic and creative learners who develop holistically through a well-planned and interesting child-centred approach.